Our Commitment to You
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our patients and employees to ensure Optimal Care for you and your family.
It is important to us that you feel confident in placing your trust in our care and that you feel confident and safe knowing that our office and team are committed to protecting our patients from infectious diseases while caring for your dental needs in our practice.
Every one of our employees has been educated and trained on the established Infection Protection and Control Guidelines set by the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia. These guidelines set the framework for our commitment to you.
- Our employees will always wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when meeting you and treating you during each appointment. This includes the use of gloves, masks, clinical clothing and protective eyewear.
- Our employees will always properly wash their hands before donning and after removing their gloves.
- All the equipment in each of our treatment areas is properly disinfected or sterilized after every patient use. All single use items are appropriately discarded after each use.
- All general office and biomedical waste is appropriately separated and disposal complies with all applicable by-laws.
- Each day, we will frequently and routinely wipe down and clean every surface in reception area, offices and washrooms with a sanitizing cleanser.
We recognize that a commitment is not truly a commitment unless everyone is engaged. We want you to feel confident that our team is standing behind this commitment so that you can feel confident and safe in our environment.
We will continue to pre-screen patients using the latest guidance from Healthlink BC and the BC Dental Association. The initial pre-screening will take place over the phone and you’ll be assessed again when you arrive at the office. We ask that all patients who are feeling sick to please reschedule.
We’ve arranged the schedule to reduce wait times. Please make every effort to arrive on time for your appointment. If you encounter another patient or staff member, please do your best to maintain two meters of space between you at all times.
High touch surfaces throughout the office are wiped down regularly. Magazines and toys have been removed from the waiting room. Between patients, the consultation room is cleaned and disinfected, and surface barriers are replaced.
All tools are either disposed or thoroughly sterilized between patients. We’re proud to uphold rigorous sterilization procedures at our office.